Monday 26 April 2021

Boss Character - Head Design

    These are the head designs I came up with, when looking for references I found this character concept art, the head decoration on that character seems to be very interesting which gave me the ideas for the main theme I was going for, for my own character.
    This was a decoration I came up with after seeing the reference, the overall theme of what I want this character to be like is this weak, tortured character that is weighed down by the chains and weapons.
    So the purpose of this decoration is to show really capture the constant pain he is in and this device constantly pulling and deforming his face.
    When making different variations of the initial head design I accidentally erased the eyes and that made it look very interesting, so I thought maybe I will make some designs that remove his sight with some sort of cloth or outright removing them, this idea was further improved by the clickers from The Last Of Us where everything except for the mouth is overgrown and removed.
     So afterwards I decided to make some more designs with the idea of removing the eyes, whether is with some sort of blindfold or removing the eye entirely. 
I had a lot of fun with some of those designs where the eyes removed, but looking over it after when I've done all those designs it was very easy for me to pick out 2 of my favourites and develop them further, the choices are one of the bottom 2 and the one in the top left corner, those are the designs that I think I will choose for the final render.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Muscle Structure. Combining Black and Colour Media

    These are the coloured media with black media, I chose the do the male and female separately so I can focus on each individual drawings ...