Wednesday 28 April 2021

Natural vs Artificial - Scene - Blueprints

     For the conveyor belts I didn't just want them to be for show, I wanted to actually make them work, so I quickly made some random meshes in 3Ds Max and applied the metal materials from my trim sheets on there, to act as scrap metals. Then I created a blueprint that will randomize the size of the scrap metals every time it spawned lastly I then made another blueprint to generate the previous blueprint, so it can keep generating random metals along the conveyor belt. Lastly I set the lift time of the metals just long enough to disappear at the very end out of the player's sight. 

     However, when the BP was first created I had trouble having the generated metals to react to the conveyor belt, it will recognize the conveyor belt is there, so the metal will fall on top, but it failed to recognize the panning BP of the conveyor belt. So the metal was not being transported by the conveyor belt.

    With the help of my tutors the root of the problem was that the default root for the blueprint had to be the scrap metals not the default setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Muscle Structure. Combining Black and Colour Media

    These are the coloured media with black media, I chose the do the male and female separately so I can focus on each individual drawings ...